December 3, 2021: Bidens new travel rules, U.S. government avoids shutdown, Andrew Cuomo, Germany
December 3, 2021: Biden sets new travel rules, U.S. government avoids shutdown, Andrew Cuomo, Germany
1. President Joe Biden laid out his strategy to fight the Omicron and Delta coronavirus variants over the winter, including free and insurer-funded at-home COVID-19 testing and new requirements for international travelers.
2. New rules requiring international air travelers arriving in the United States to obtain a negative COVID-19 test within one day of travel will take effect Monday at 12:01 a.m. ET, according to an order issued late Thursday.
3. The Democratic-controlled U.S. Senate passed a bill to fund the government through mid-February, averting the risk of a shutdown after overcoming a bid by some Republicans to delay the vote in a protest against vaccine mandates.
4. The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating sexual harassment claims made against former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, according to a document made available by the state of New York.
5. Germany imposed restrictions on the unvaccinated as it sought to break a dramatic surge in daily coronavirus infections exacerbated by the discovery of the Omicron strain.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/ Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en [ Click here to watch the clip. ]
---- If interesting, share this page with your friends. Click the button below to share.:) --